Charterhouse School, Art Block
External concrete repairs and coatings have recently been completed by Structural Renovations at The Charterhouse School near Godalming.
The school was established in 1611 in London and moved to its current site in 1872. Since then buildings have been added, including the 2 storey Art Studio constructed in the 1970s, to accommodate the growing numbers of boarders
Following previous successful works to the swimming pool, budget figures were provided for the external concrete repairs and corrosion control to the Art Studio. Subsequently the contract was awarded for completion during the school holidays.
The ground floor concrete frame and soffit to the first floor cantilever slab were pressure washed and concrete repairs carried out using the Sika MonoTop repair mortars. Margel capsules were installed as a vapour phase inhibitor, followed by the application of a SikaGard water based elastomeric coating to provide a uniform protective coating.
Other works of a decorative nature were carried out to enhance the aesthetics of the completed works.