Structural Renovations have carried out refurbishment works at Safestore’s Head Office in Borehamwood. The building previously housed the Royal National Lifeboat Institution head quarters and was used for making parts, storing supplies and examining damaged boats from 1939 up until 1976.
The rendered and concrete surfaces to each façade were hammer tested and defective render and concrete was removed back to a sound substrate.
In some locations the brickwork beneath the render had cracked and required the installation of Helifix Helibars to reintroduce the structural integrity, particularly to the two front corners.
The whole building was then overcoated using Weber.Cote Smooth and the cills, feature bands and plinth was overcoated using Dulux Weathershield Smooth to match Safestore’s corporate colours.